Saturday 15 June 2013

A busy week ........phew not used to it yet


Apologies for the lack of blogidge of the last couple of weeks but those of you who do read this 'between the lines' will realise that I have started my new full time job, so time is pretty scarce at the moment to say the least.

My job is really good, I've begun to make friends and I seem to have the same sense of humour as the rest of the guys so that's a bonus. I work weekdays 9/5 which is great after YEARS of late's weekends etc so I'm pleased to now be able to book anything I like in for an evening without having to check first. That's the plus side the negatives are after spending the last couple of years working a lot less hours it is suddenly really hard to jump up to full time. That and the house work seem to wipe me out to the point of tears but this is something that with time I will get used to but it seems a long way off at the moment. My fibro is really kicking off but I'm determined to work through it until it becomes normal and my aches pains and tiredness calm down. I've found very little time for twitter and I've not had the energy to be very sociable - either such a change for me.

I have over the last two weeks also been using the train all I can say is OMG - I now know why I learnt to drive. People do not seem to have any idea of what a quiet carriage is nor the meaning of personal space. The other morning a woman sat under the quiet sign and typed for nearly an hour, no problem in that - no - but her keyboard miaowed every time she hit a letter! After 10mins I wanted to rip her head off! I've had to put up with noisy headphones, mobile phones, boring conversations, coughing, sneezing, nose picking and a daft old woman who didn't smell to clever greeting everybody who entered our carriage with the expression of 'its a bit blowy out there'. That and the feeling of nausea that creeps over me when I smell the unwashed or the over sprayed woman waft over me. On one journey in the bloke next to me gelled his hair, sprayed his pits and ate his breakfast!! I kid you not .

I hate the train. I hate everything about it, the cost, the time tables, the passengers and the endless stops - when all I want to do is climb in the bath and wash that unclean feeling away. By the time I get home I'm a nervous wreck, stressed to the eyeballs and over tired. So next week I'm going to drive in. At least if I do I will no longer have to get to the station in double quick time or wait nearly 30mins. I am expecting to sit in traffic and to curse other road users but I will have my iPod and no other passengers so I'm sure it will be better. So car full up and route planned.

On Friday after work I came home full of dread knowing that the house needed a bit of attention as I'd avoided it all week. I set to it a room at a time strangely empowered by the feeling of a weekend at home I finished including two loads of washing at about 8pm and decided to pause for tea then after catching up on a few emails at about 10pm I went shopping! Never before have I gone so late but I was amazed as to how much better it is no people in my way. No fighting in the isles and straight through the checkout I will be doing that again. I really hate the way I have to go every week or do on line. I've got friends who sit at work grinning and filling in a form whilst working on their PC but frankly no that's not for me. I like to choose the dates I buy and not have substitutes added that I would never usually look twice at.

Jon has had an exciting week this week with the performance last evening of his work he has been doing with Prof Simon Baron Cohen at Cambridge - revaluing Autistic thinking project - 'Aspergers' mixed with modular synthesisers - reams of blog and poetry, wires, wood the lot  - our house resembled a base camp at the foot of Everest with all the bags and metal boxes brought home ready to move - all of which proved to be a job and a half transporting to London to 'The Arts Catalyst' but mission accomplished as they say and he was back at 1am in a taxi - I for one am relieved its all over until the next time I suppose.

I took a trip to the theatre with my daughters to see Pricilla wow what a show really enjoyed it so funny and the songs were great even the audience were dressed in feather boas. Honestly if you get the opportunity go its a brilliant day out and you will love it. We are doing 'Cats' this week not sure about this one it was her idea but its a night out and I need a bit of fun. I've started another run of counselling just to come to terms with a few things its all so clinical and they don't hold all the answers nor unfortunately do the words 'isy wissy let's get busy' work either but if it helps me in the long run its gotta be good. Its good to have a label as to why you hurt and it enables you to get the correct medication but the realities of life is often something that we occasionally need help accepting and that's what I need help with as its not always easy trying to appear normal .... What ever normal is ....
Who wants to be normal anyway ....

No comments:

Post a Comment