Wednesday 15 July 2015

Arguing with my Aspie Husband


 


Sticks and Stones version 2 
 
How many times have we had a really angry fight with someone, called them all sorts of names only to collapse on the floor in hysterics? How many times have we sat at work constantly checking our mobiles for the apology text, positive we are not going to cave in first!. 

I hate arguing, really I do......as a kid my mother would always sense 'one brewing' often picking a fight in order to 'clear the air' and it nearly always would involve a furious argument but there would be all smiles again by tea time. Personally I think there's a lot of people out there who bite their tongues so often they have teeth marks in them and the nasty feelings build up to the extent that they have to come out at all at once, often in a torrent so strong it is frightening for both them and the recipient. However this is done its never pleasant. I remember one particular argument with my first husband which involved a cup of tea. I was not speaking to him at the time but I made it none the less and instantly tipped it down the sink refusing to give it to him. This resulted on the following day in a blank piece of paper with no words as he was not speaking to me either, normally I would have received a daily note.

We often behave like children, often reacting badly to stress and those outside influences that affect us and therefore take them home to the people we love. I hate feeling that any little thing could trigger a fierce row, the egg shell walking and avoidance strategies I have learnt to use over the years. I miss the mad passion that happens afterwards, the apology flowers, the chocolates and the cries of ‘I will try harder’  and 'I can only do my best' - we cannot do more than that. I am not perfect, nor do I always behave perfectly but I love and have feelings for people and things. I also have a sense of humour, which I am relying on 'more n more' and now thanks to this blog i have an avenue to express myself ….

And I can still count to 10 ..............

 

2 comments: